Our vision: To be recognized as world-class leaders in research, education and clinical care.
The Department of Medicine began with an original group of six stellar faculty members teaching and practicing at a single site. It is now the largest department at the University of Washington.
By the numbers:
- 3500+ faculty and staff
- 30 fellowships
- 45 Endowed chairs and Professorships
- 12 Teachers in Perpetuity
- $184 million in research funding
- 180,000 inpatient encounters, 250,000 outpatient encounters and procedures in more than 80 clinics
The largest department at the University of Washington, and growing.
- 1000+ paid faculty
- 1000+ volunteer faculty
- 450+ residents and fellows
- 900+ staff
Reaching far and wide
The Department of Medicine operates in clinics and hospitals in Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho (WWAMI).