Whether providing primary or subspecialty care, our faculty members bring the latest in research and clinical advances to patient care.
Through such specialized facilities as the UW Medicine Regional Heart Center, the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, the Northwest Kidney Centers, and others, our physicians make their expertise accessible to patients from around the region, the nation, and the world.
Patient care sites
Faculty in the Department of Medicine provide both outpatient and inpatient care at the following sites:
UW Medicine hospitals
- University of Washington Medical Center including Roosevelt Medical Center
- Harborview Medical Center
- Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
- Valley Medical Center
Other medical centers
- VA Puget Sound Health Care System (VAPSHCS)
- Children’s Hospital & Medical Center – Seattle
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA)
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC)
Department faculty also support patient care at a number of satellite clinics such as the Regional Heart Center, which is located at the University of Washington Medical Center, but also has clinics and/or affiliates in Bellevue, Edmonds and Everett.
UW Neighborhood Clinics Network
UW Neighborhood Clinics Network is a network of 10 primary care clinics located throughout the greater Seattle area. The primary care physicians in Medicine, Pediatrics, Family Medicine and OB/GYN who staff these clinics hold appointments at the University of Washington.