For faculty, please contact Cynthia Ko. For staff, please contact the DoM Staff HR Office.
Professional development helps us to sustain the department’s leading role in academic medicine by providing opportunities for our faculty, staff and trainees to set and achieve new goals, foster career advancement and increase professional satisfaction.
As part of our Strategic Plan, our Professional Development Workgroup's goals include:
- Creating pathways for mentorship, support and continued learning and growth
- Improving access to leadership development programs and resources
- Bolstering proactive programs to increase retention and appreciation for faculty and staff
- Continuously elevating our care for patients, service to learners, research contributions and our workplace culture
There are many opportunities within our institution and in the community for professional development.
Faculty Resourceslearn more
Staff Resourceslearn more
Professional Development WORKGROUP
Meet the members of the Department of Medicine Professional Development Workgroup:
- Beverly Berg-Rood, division administrator (Medical Genetics)
- Rotonya Carr, division head (Gastroenterology)
- Robb Glenny, division head (Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine)
- Maureen Johnson, human resources manager (Nephrology)
- Cynthia Ko, professor (Gastroenterology) and associate chair for faculty affairs, Department of Medicine
- Somnath Mookherjee, associate professor (General Internal Medicine)
- Maya Narayanan, clinical assistant professor (General Internal Medicine)
- Ruth Sanchez, assistant director of student programs, Department of Medicine
- Lauge Sokol-Hessner, clinical associate professor, (General Internal Medicine)
- Darcie Somera, division administrator (Allergy and Infectious Diseases)
- Bryn Vaswig, human resources director, Department of Medicine