Our faculty in the Division of Gastroenterology strive to be world leaders in the research, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of hepatitis, digestive cancers, and other diseases of the digestive tract.
- Prospective biorepository of patient clinical data, blood, DNA, biopsy tissue
- Ongoing registry of patients willing to participate in research
- Epidemiology, outcomes and health services research in GI and liver disease
- Biomarker development: colorectal, pancreatic and esophageal cancer
- Center for Microbiome Science and Therapeutics (CMiST)
- VA Cooperative Study: colorectal cancer screening colonoscopy vs. FIT
- World’s first surveillance program for pancreatic cancer early detection
- Inflammatory bowel disease / hepatology clinical trials programs
Did you know?
Gastrointestinal symptoms are among the most frequent complaints that bring a patient into a clinic or hospital.