A living will for Alzheimer's
Department of Medicine physicians have met a unique challenge of creating an advance directive for dementia.
Mission: Give every patient with serious illness access to high-quality palliative care focused on relieving symptoms, maximizing quality of life and ensuring care that concentrates on patients’ goals.
- SeniorCare Program
- Northwest Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Center
- Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center at the Seattle VA
- Palliative Medicine and end-of-life care
- Testosterone trials
- Insulin to treat dementia
- Fall Prevention
- UW Long Term Care Service
Cambia Health Foundation provided a $10 million gift to UW Medicine for the Palliative Care Center of Excellence. The center’s mission is to improve the quality of life for those at the end of life as well as patients with serious illnesses, chronic conditions or traumatic injuries. The center is led by Drs. J. Randall Curtis (Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine) and Anthony Back (Medical Oncology).