The closest gatehouse to the University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC) is the south gatehouse, located on Columbia Road, behind UWMC.
There are several parking products available for purchase: Permits, Individual Commuter Tickets, Pay-Per-Use, and parking cards.
How to purchase
Purchase parking products at the UW Transportation office, located at the Staff Human Resources Building at 1320 NE Campus Parkway.
A lot will be assigned to you when you purchase a parking product from Transportation Services. The closest available parking to UWMC/UW Health Sciences is E12 and the Portage Bay Garage.
Parking in the S1 lot requires approval from the Department of Medicine and the School of Medicine and is not available at this time due to garage over-capacity. Please contact Cynthia Yee if you are in the Department of Medicine have any questions regarding parking in S1.
When you come to the UW campus for the first time, whether here for a visit or your first day of employment, please stop by a staffed gatehouse to purchase a parking permit for the day.
- NORTH- Northeast 45th Street and Memorial Way (17th Avenue Northeast) by the Burke Museum
- WEST- 15th Avenue Northeast and Stevens Way by Meany Hall
- EAST- Pend Oreille Road, off of 25th Avenue Northeast, near University Village Shopping Center
- SOUTH- Columbia Road, behind the University of Washington Medical Center
- Central Plaza Garage- 15th Avenue Northeast and Northeast 41st Street
Parking at Harborview
For information about parking options at Harborview, please contact:
HMC Parking and Commuter Services
Location: HMC 8CT69
Complimentary shuttles run between Harborview, UWMC, UWMC Roosevelt Clinic, UW Tower, SCCA and South Lake Union. There is also a shuttle between UWMC and the VA.