The Department of Medicine is excited to be part of the Bias Reduction in Internal Medicine (BRIM) iniative, moving us towards enduring institutional diversity and inclusiveness.
Cultural stereotypes can influence our judgments, decision-making, and behaviors in unwanted and unintended ways. The BRIM Initiative offers the opportunity to help “break the bias habit” and align our judgments and behaviors with our explicit commitments to be fair and objective.
The BRIM Initiative features an evidence-based workshop with three modules:
- Implicit bias as a habit
- Becoming bias literate: if you name it, you can tame it
- Evidence-based strategies to break the bias habit
Division results and committments
- General Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary and Critical Care
- Allergy & Infectious Diseases
- Medical Genetics